Sunday, July 26, 2020

Hi all!
After a really long time i'm back with new projects and models to show.
During those years I collected and developed a lot of different miniatures and models mainly referred to the universe of Star Wars, from FFG X-wing and Armada to Lego Star Wars, searching various ways to play them differently.
But lately I felt the necessity to go back to origins, and not just to say it!
Starting from my early days, I had always liked the pre-historical times: cavemen, wild horses, mammoths and woolly rhinos.
Wildlife in all regards!
So last year, when I found a rulebook about it, all was to start again.
The rules I found are fascinating, getting me involved immediately.
PALAEO DIET, "eat or be eaten", is a booklet of simple, fast and intriguing rules, published by Ganesha Games, and supplied me the fertile terrain onto which develop my project.
Pleistocene, about 40.000 years ago is the set time when Neanderthals struggled against the odds to survive every single day, feeding them on wildlife and hoping not to be feed to beasts!
I started to collect miniatures (already owed a bunch of Neanderthals , and also two Yetis, good for wild men or "sasquatch"!) from various manufacturers, but the best thing of all is that I could realize new terrain pieces, the best I could do!
That's a long list and started with a couple of hills (or three), several rocky terrain bits, pine woods, flat grass plains, swamps and so on.
During the lockdown period I had a lot of free time to go on and the results start showing now.



 
Actually this is the state of most of the terrain bits, but the rocky terrain bits (4) are ready and the first hill is at 95%.
Here just a tease of it!




More next time.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment